Our aim is to provide all of our clients with an excellent level of service. However, we recognise that there may be an occasion, when you do not feel satisfied with the service you have received from us. We take complaints very seriously and with this in mind we have developed a Customer Complaints Procedure which lets you know how you can get in touch with us and how we will deal with your complaint or issue.
Should you need to make a complaint, please contact our Complaints Manager Nigel Paul Davies using any of the following methods:
In writing – Davies Craddock Ltd 4-8 John Street Llanelli SA15 1UH
By telephone – 01554 778899
By email – Insurance@DaviesCraddock.co.uk
If the Complaint is directed at Mr Nigel Paul Davies it will be addressed by Mr David Craddock being the second Director of the Company.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint immediately or within three business days of receiving your complaint and we will write to you confirming resolution.
However, if this is not achievable, you can be assured that we will deal with your complaint promptly and fairly, in line with our formal complaint handling procedures listed below:
- We will write to you within five working days to acknowledge your complaint and provide details of who is handing your complaint
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint as our investigations proceed
- We aim to provide a final response to your complaint within eight weeks from receipt of your complaint
- If we cannot provide you with a final response within eight weeks from the date of receipt of your complaint, we will outline the reasons for the delay and provide you with an indication of when you can expect a response
- When investigating your complaint, we will take into account any financial losses or material inconvenience you have suffered. Our final response letter will set out the reasons for our decision and we will make it clear to you, as to whether we accept or reject your complaint.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied with our final response, or if we have been unable to provide our final response to you within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) free of charge if you are:
- an individual consumer;
- a natural person acting for purposes which are outside your trade, business, craft or profession or
- a micro enterprise (an enterprise that employs fewer than ten people and whose annual turnover and/or annual balance sheet total does not exceed EURO 2 million) or
- a charity which has an annual income of less than £1 million at the time the complainant refers the complaint; or
- a trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £1 million at the time of the complainant refers the complaint.
- a consumer who is a member of any business, charity or trust who is complaining as a beneficiary of a group policy
The Ombudsman might not be able to consider your complaint if:
- what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago, and
- you’re complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have realised) that there was a problem.
If we think that your complaint was made outside of these time limits, we will leave this matter for the Ombudsman to decide. If the Ombudsman agrees with us, they will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.
If you do decide to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman, you must do so within six months of the date of our final response letter. If you do not refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of our letter, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. Very limited circumstances include where the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
The FOS offer an independent service for resolving disputes and you may contact the FOS by:
- Calling their consumer helpline on 0800 0 234 567 (free for people phoning from a “fixed line” (for example, a landline at home) or 0300 123 9 123 (free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02)
- Writing to them at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOS website: http://www.fos.org.uk/
We will include a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s leaflet ‘Your Complaint and the Ombudsman’ in all resolution (with exception of those complaints resolved within three working days) and eight-week response letters.