Commercial Claims Handler – Llanelli
Due to continued expansion, an opportunity has arisen to employ an experienced Claims Handler.
Insurance claims handlers ensure that claims are dealt with efficiently and that payment for valid claims are made to policyholders.
As an insurance claims handler, you’ll be involved in managing a claim from the start through to settlement, making decisions on the extent and validity of a claim, and checking for any potential fraudulent activity.
You’ll coordinate services that may be required by policyholders following an accident or incident. This can include organising approved tradespeople to make homes safe again or ordering replacement goods if a policyholder has been burgled.
You may be involved in large-scale accidents and incidents. As well as communicating with policyholders, you’ll also liaise with external experts such as loss adjusters and lawyers.
Work on complex cases requires experience and expert knowledge. At this stage, you may become involved in loss adjusting activities (investigating the loss) or in legal discussions about the recovery of money from the party responsible for the loss.
As an insurance claims handler, you’ll typically need to:
· provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved
· process new insurance claims notifications
· collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
· analyse a claim made by a policymaker to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions
· guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim
· identify reasons why full payment may not be made
· explain to policyholders when their claim is not covered
· contact tradespeople from a network of approved professionals and arrange for them to make repairs on the policyholder’s property
· monitor the progress of a claim
· investigate potentially fraudulent claims
· liaise with solicitors, as well as other legal and claims professionals, and negotiate the terms of a claim
· prepare an initial estimate of costs and then closely monitor and keep a record of costs
· get advice from external specialists, such as loss adjusters and forensic accountants, on complex cases
· ensure fair settlement of a valid claim
· ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
· handle any complaints associated with a claim
· adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
Salary will be negotiable depending on a range of factors including experience.
For more information and to apply, get in touch via email [email protected] along with your CV.